This pie is super warm, comforting and absolutely perfect for this time of year. I forgot how easy and quick it is to make a pie for dinner, especially when using store bought crust and Quorn nuggets, lazy style. In total it took me about 35 minutes to make the whole meal!
About 4 servings ( with some mash on the side of course! )
- 1 large leek
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup peas
- 1 package Quorn nuggets (or other vegan chicken)
- 1/2 package just roll puff pastry (or other vegan puff pastry)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 stock cubes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 large potato (regular or sweet)
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Chop all your veggies. Sauté the leek, garlic, potato and carrots in a large saucepan for 5 minutes with a splash of water or oil. Add the mushrooms and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, 2 stock cubes (mixed with 1/2 cup hot water.) Cook together on medium-low for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the nuggets into quarters (easiest to defrost them first or use a very sharp knife.)
- Add the nuggets and the peas to the saucepan and mix it all together. Taste the mixture, avoiding the uncooked Quorn, and add any salt or pepper to taste.
- Fill the greased casserole dish with the mixture and top with a layer of puff pastry. Make some small cuts and moisten the pastry with a few drops of non dairy milk.
- Cook, uncovered in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
I intentionally kept this recipe super simple so that it would be perfect for a quick weeknight meal when you want something a little bit special and cozy. If you try the recipe please let me know how it turned out or tag me in your photos on instagram!